Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 6: Tuesday 1/12: Karaoke Night

Today was our first REAL day of class. We had to be there at 9:00am. I was running a little bit behind so I walked there with Cassidy who had just gotten in yesterday (her flights were held over in London due to the freezing weather. We had a brief lecture about the sites were were going to visit and then we went a touring. We started off at the Piazza Navona and then toured the Basilica there. We went to the outdoor courtyard for the church only open once a week (lookup name) and after that we saw Santa Maria della Pace. It was absolutely freezing- my hands were about to fall off. That night Hanna and Christine were nice enough to fix us dinner- it was great we had penne pasta and garlic bread. After dinner we went to Scholars Lounge for karaoke. The the Saint Mary's (not Notre Dame) girls were there and we had a good time chatting it up. We got a group together under the name "Aubie" and sang "Sweet Home Alabama" on stage. However, the chorus came out more like "F*** you Alabama! War Damn Eagle!!" The one Alabama fan seemed mildly upset. It was a great time and 2 songs later that I sang "Juicebox" by The Strokes. I was surprised that they had it in their catalog. Fortunately I had Hannah on stage with me who helped me rock out. I think the performance went well even if most people had no idea what I was singing :P) It was a great night

IMG_0268

No comments:

Post a Comment