Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 12, MON 1/18: First Day of Studio

I woke up after everyone else in the apartment because they had a class at 9am. Luckily for me I just had to go to studio at 2pm. Studio was nice. We got split up into groups for the early part of the project. We all signed up our own names- I chose the 3D modeling group. By coincidence everyone in our group is over 6'0". It's really just all the tallest guys from both schools! Anyway we learned all about our project for this semester. We will have a partner and it's an international steel competition. Our school's project is set (obviously) in Rome. We have to design a park area into a rejuvenating spa type area. It will be interesting to see what comes out of all of this. We went and visited the site. It's really close to the Colosseum and it's in a residential neighborhood that borders a busy road. After that we walked around and go to look around the area of Parco Ninfeo di Nerone. We walked back to Trastevere and I walked back with the Arkansas kids. All in all it was a good day- I'm really looking forward to this semester. CHECK MY PICTURES!

No comments:

Post a Comment