Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 5: First Day of Class

Today was the first day of class. I woke up early and headed out with Hannah and Christine to try and get some cash money at the American Express. We walked throughout the city- it was by the Spanish steps. We got some cash (I got a cash advance which was a mistake as I now know) and walked to the Spanish steps. Some gypsy man tried to flag us down "Are you Russian?" "No" I responded. When asked where I was from I told him "Roma!" Sure enough at the top of the steps we looked back and saw him tying a bracelet for some poor tourist then heckling him for money. Don't acknowledge these people at all. Anyway after that we headed to class and got some food along the way. We stopped at a snack bar. I got apple strudel, an olive, ham, and egg sandwich, and pizza with olive oil sauce, tomatoes, oregano, zucchini, mushrooms, and artichokes. It seemed pretty authentic. Class was nice- we had orientation and surprise i fell asleep. Afterwards we went by the Wind store to look at cellphones, and then the arts supply store. I got a sketchbook. After that we went to dinner at Popi's which was very good. Evan spoke a little Arabic with our waiter which was funny. After that we went back and I fell asleep in my sweater then woke up absolutely baking. I tossed and turned and had a weird night. I had a dream that my dad had let himself go now that I was out of the house- that he shaved his head, was wearing a black leather bikers jacket and had gone overboard and bought a ton of cats- every room in our house just had more and more cats. Chew on that one Freud.

1 comment: