Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 3

I'm already behind. Oh well. Saturday was a good day for photos. I finally took a bunch of pictures from our roof. The view from the terrace is epic. Right when we were about to head back downstairs we saw a rainbow. It was a really beautiful moment. I was tired and took a nap. We went out on the town. I made some dinner at home- tortellini with ricotta and spinach. It was very good- then we went out on the town. I brought some wine from the store around the block. It was awkward buying it. I tried to ask the guy if I could bring my own bottle (they fill it up in recycled plastic bottles: a litre of wine for 1.50E). I was having trouble communicating and he asked me where I was from. I told him South Carolina and he said "Oh, America..." and smiled wryly at the other people working in the shop with this look that suggested "Oh, stupid Americans". We say that now- whenever we see groups of American tourists. I just hope I learn Italian soon. So anyway we ended up at Scholars Lounge- the Irish Pub with friendly staff. We had a blast as usual, stumbled home, made pasta, chilled, and went to bed. A good night overall.


IMG_0139

No comments:

Post a Comment