Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 4: They Put the Americans in the Basement

DINGDONG! It was 9:00am and the doorbell rang. No one gets up to answer. DINGDONG!! Fine. It was Christine- "Why did you ring the doorbell?", "Because it's morning"... -_- Apparently Marco or somebody wanted to get up to go to mass, but no one did. Everyone was sleeping pretty hard after last night. I drank a liter of water and got back in bed. (We talked about it later and laughed). Later that afternoon we just lounged around. Marco was upset because he had been waking up at 9:30 every morning and had gotten almost no sleep. He took some Tylenol PM and tried to go back to sleep. In the mean time I made some "breakfast"- eggs with pancetta and orange san pelligrino to drink. My day pretty much consisted of lounging around and chit chatting. I found out that Cassidy's flight is still delayed and that she won't be here until tomorrow (probably after classes start). I also finally set up Skype and had a nice conversation with my parents. I feel bad because I hadnt contacted them yet, but I'll keep in touch more often. For dinner we went out to this restaurant that served (you guessed it) Italian food. It seemed slightly more touristy and the waitress was all business, not very friendly. We have a joke that they put the Americans in the basement- both times we've been to a restaurant we've eaten down stairs. It might be because we are a large party, but we like to think that they want to keep us out of sight. The meal was good- I stupidly ordered the tourist menu which was 4 courses and way too much food. I think we'll go back to the local restaurant from now on. We called it an early night and went to bed except for me, because now I'm working on my blog! I can't wait to tell you about class tomorrow- goodnight for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment