Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 25: SUN 1/31: flea market fun

I finally got up early! Blake and I headed to the weekly flea market. It’s pretty close by, but Lord does it go on forever. One of the first things I noticed was a leather jacket stand. It was actually pretty legit- it was all brand name vintage leather jackets and motorcycle jackets. There was a mirror and everything- it was pretty nice. I tried one on but left to do some more exploring. After a while the leather jacket just sitting back there started to get to me. We turned around after going quite a distance without seeing anything comparable. I snagged the jacket from the guy. I tried to haggle, but the prices were written down and he gave me a considerable “student discount”. Well we were in the process of leaving when the rain came back. We tried to stay huddled under the tents on the way out, but got sprinkled anyway. Luckily the tram rode by and we jumped on it at the last minute. We grabbed some lunch and headed home. I felt European with my new jacket. I thought people were addressing me in Italian now- but they probably always do that. Regardless I now have something else to wear other than my fleece. I went on a cleaning spree all around the apartment thinking that the guys were going to get home any minute. Turns out it was actually tomorrow morning. One more night to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment