Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 24: SAT 1/30: river walk & MAXXI

It's been a while- I'm sorry. But I've journaled everything- I just want the entries to be nice and the pictures to be well done. So enjoy my mass postings over the next few days!! Be sure to read back a few posts because I might post more than just one day. After that disclaimer, read on!


I woke up in an apartment to myself. It was a slow day. I got together with Blake and we went for a walk along the river and all about the town to go see the Stadio Olympico. On the way there we saw lots of interesting things such as a used heroin needle, and telephone stuck in a tree by the river (due to all the high water) and the Communist Party building which was quite beautiful. The weather was spotty and off and on drizzling briefly while the sun was shining the whole time. After quite a walk we finally made it to the Stadio Olympico right at dusk. It was a bit underwhelming. We couldn’t get really close to it, but the Fascist bridge was actually pretty nice. The MAXXI Museum designed by Zaha Hadid was right nearby so we HAD to go see that. The last few touches are being put on it- it’s open without any art sometimes, but hopefully they’ll move the art in before we leave. We got some good photos (just look below). We saw some guy with his laptop sitting on a porch stoop on the way over. Blake correctly guessed that he was probably using someone’s WiFi. We ran back over there so I could get mass transit directions on my iPhone. Luckily it pointed us in the right direction for a bus nearby which saved us about an hour and fifteen minute walk home. That night Blake and I made dinner and just took it easy. I went to bed a little early to try and wake up for the flea market tomorrow

needle #2

hang up the phone

IMG_1039

Stadio Olympico

IMG_1068

No comments:

Post a Comment